Things to consider before you start your website build
Once you have made the decision to go digital, there are a few questions to consider which will make life a lot easier when having a chat with your web developer. Proper planning is the key to success, after all.
Not all websites are made equal and it’s critical you take the time to really think about how you want your website to present your business to the world and what features you need to make your website do the hard work for you.
In this blog, we have provided you with a cheat-sheet of questions to ask yourself to begin your journey planning how you want your website to work for you. By taking some time before you meet with your web developer to answer these questions, you will begin to shape a framework for your website and have a solid understanding of the things you really need.
All these questions and their solutions can be tailored by Flux Digital to meet your specific needs to generate a flexible and fun website that is unique to your business.
Copy and paste these questions into a text document and take some time to think through your answers so when you approach your web developer, you know exactly what you need:
- What function do you want your site serve?
- Do you want to provide people with information on the services you provide?
- Do you want to be able to sell products directly from your website?
- Do you need interactive elements such as maps, videos, forums or other ways people can engage directly with your website?
- Do you need to provide elements that allow people to book your services or products?
- What do you want it to do for your business?
- Are you looking to expand into new markets or reach a new audience?
- Do you want to keep your current clientele informed of your business updates and other goings-on?
- Do you want to provide a direct service or product to consumers?
- Will it be purely informational and work similar to a business card or a brochure or will there need to be interactive elements people can engage with?
- Do you want to generate leads and collect names and emails with a sign-up form?
- Will you then need to generate regular emails to send out to your list of contacts?
- Will people who sign up to your website receive discounts/access to restricted content/some other kind of perk?
- Would you love your customers to buy online or self-quote?
- Will you need a digital shop?
- Will people be able to fill out a form to make quoting easier for you?
- Do you want to give out helpful tips on a blog and be known as an expert in whatever you are offering?
Part 2 of the series – The best way to maintain your website – will explain the benefits of The Flux Way and the ease of maintaining a truly flexible website.